The planning application is being submitted to Shropshire Council.
The description of the proposed development for the planning application is a “Hybrid planning application for a residential development of up to 600 dwellings, access, footpath/cycleways, public open space, landscaping and associated drainage and development infrastructure comprising 365 dwellings, access from Preston Street, access from London Road and spine road, footpaths/cycleways, public open space, landscaping, demolition of existing buildings and associated infrastructure (Full) and up to 235 dwellings, footpath/cycleways, public open space, landscaping and associated development infrastructure (Outline with all matters reserved except access).”
The planning application is hybrid planning application, which means that part of the proposed development is submitted in full detail and the balance in outline form where future details of the site layout, appearance of the homes, scale and landscaping will be submitted at a later stage.
The first full detailed phase of the development comprises 365 new homes, access from Preston Street, new areas of public open space including the first phase of the riverside park, as well as associated site development infrastructure including new roads, footpaths, drainage services and landscaping. It also includes the proposed future access from London Road and main spine road access to the site from London Road. The balance of the site will provide up to 235 new homes including connecting the site to London Road, as well as the balance of the riverside park but with the layout, appearance, scale and landscaping for this second phase reserved for subsequent approval.
In addition to plans showing the layout of the proposed development, the floorplans and designs of the new homes, the application is also accompanied by a range of supporting reports which includes the following:
- Design and Access Statement prepared by Escape
- Planning Statement prepared by Planning Prospects
- Statement of Community Involvement prepared by Planning Prospects
- Transport Assessment prepared by M-EC
- Travel Plan prepared by M-EC
- Flood Risk Assessment and Drainage Strategy prepared by M-EC
- Landscape and Visual Appraisal prepared by PGLA Landscape Architects
- Framework Ecological Mitigation Strategy prepared by Middlemarch
- Bat Assessment Report prepared by The Environment Partnership
- Phase 1 Environmental Risk Assessment July 2016 prepared by M-EC
- Arboricultural Impact Assessment and Method Statement prepared by Trevor Bridge Associates
- Archaeological Evaluation prepared by Earthworks Archaeology
- Air Quality Assessment prepared by M-EC
- Construction and Environmental Management Plan prepared by M-EC
- Noise Assessment prepared by M-EC
Further details of the application will be available on Shropshire Council’s website at http://new.shropshire.gov.uk/planning
The council will be consulting on the proposed development as part of their determination of the planning application.